POSITION: COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: Communications Team
LOCATION: Remote Position
REPORTS TO: Development Director
The position is full-time (32 hours per week), exempt, fully benefits-eligible, reports to the Development Director, and is paid an annual salary of $65,000-75,000
We are looking for a Communications and Narrative Strategist to manage, support, and grow the CTWO’s hubs, communications infrastructure. This position will supervise our new communications coordinator and oversee the growth of CTWO’s online presence and digital channels - which include our hub partners, The BlackOUT Collective, Ruckus Society, and Black Land Liberation Initiative.
The Communications Manager will promote the work and thought leadership of staff, develop and track messaging related to our missions, and will work to build out creative narrative strategies through our social media channels, website, email, creative assets, and other digital platforms.
As Communications Manager you will…
- Supervise and work with the Communications Coordinator to manage all digital platforms including social media channels, our website, email program, and visual communications
- Develop narrative Strategies, to promote an organizing framework for social change.
- Develop digital strategies (video, email, website) and monitor outcomes
- Lead and coordinate the communications team at CTWO
- Identify opportunities—and develop materials with other relevant staffers—to promote and publicize organizational initiatives, activities, reports, and content.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years as a communication professional
- You take initiative and are an excellent self-starter
- You have experience creating and executing digital media.
- You have a passion for Black and brown-led direct action and advocacy work
- You have a keen awareness of the news cycle and how CTWO’s worldview might fit into it.
- You’re a pro at multitasking and working in a dynamic environment.
- You’re committed to a just, inclusive, and liberatory politic that centers Liberation of oppressed people.
- You have experience working with and strong knowledge of graphic design and video editing software, as well familiarity and comfort using email content and audience management systems.
- You’re creative and innovative, willing to try new approaches to solving old problems.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL NEED:
- You’re familiar with the Movement for Black Lives ecosystem.
- You have social media and rapid response experience.
- You have existing relationships with reporters, movement and media figures.
- You are interested in, or have experience with digital strategy
- You have management experience.
CTWO offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive, progressive benefits program to attract, retain, and motivate a high-performing and dedicated workforce. The salary for this position is full-time $65,000-$75,000 a year. This is a 32-hours per week position.
Health Care: Full-time eligible
Vacation Time: Unlimited
For immediate consideration, please apply by midnight in your timezone on June 1, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.